1. What is SFDA?
The full name of S.F.D.A. is Saudi Food & Drug Authority. That is Food and Drug Authority in Saudi Arabia.
According to the royal issued act n° 6 dated 25/1/1428H & SAUDI STANDARD SASO 1953/2005, imported food/drug/cosmetics must obtain a COC certificate issued by an SFDA authorized agency for customs clearance.
2. List of cosmetic regulated by SFDA:
- Creams, emulsions, lotions, gels and oils for the skin (hands, face, feet, etc.).
- Face masks (with the exception of peeling products).
- Tinted bases (liquids, pastes, powders).
- Make-up powders, after-bath powders, hygienic powders, etc.
- Toilet soaps, deodorant soaps, etc.
- Perfumes, toilet waters and eau de cologne.
- Bath and shower preparations (salts, foams, oils, gels, etc.).
- Deodorants and anti-perspirants.
- Hair care products:
- hair tints and bleaches
- products for waving, straightening and fixing
- setting products
- cleansing products (lotions, powders, shampoos)
- conditioning products (lotions, creams, oils)
- hairdressing products (lotions, lacquers, brilliantines)
- Shaving products (creams, foams, lotions, etc.).
- Products for making up and removing make-up from the face and eyes.
- Products intended for application to lips.
- Products for care of teeth and mouth.
- Products for nail care and make-up.
- Products for external intimate hygiene.
- Sunbathing products.
- Products for tanning without sun.
- Skin-whitening products.
- Anti-wrinkle products.
- Eye decorative cosmetic products (Eye shadow, Mascara, brows, lids, pencil, lashes, cream and athmad (Al-kohol)).